What Kind Of Employer Behavior Is Illegal?
As an employee in Pennsylvania, you have rights. You are protected from unlawful employer actions, such as:
- Denying someone a promotion because of race, disability or gender
- Denying someone unpaid leave when he or she is sick or has a family medical emergency
- Terminating someone because of age or claims filed under federal or state statutes
These kinds of behaviors are illegal under federal and state employment law. If you have been the victim of an employer’s illegal behavior, DeAngelis, Dastur & Associates, P.C., can represent you
We provide aggressive and professional legal representation in an effort to obtain compensation and justice for the wrongs you have suffered.
Experience For A Wide Range Of Employment Law Claims
We represent employees in cases involving:
- Employment discrimination — on the basis of race, disability, age, gender and other types of employment discrimination prohibited by law, including the ADA, ADEA and Rehabilitation Act
- FMLA litigation
- ERISA and benefits litigation
- Termination for filing a workers’ compensation claim
- Other employment law matters
Protecting Your Rights
In a free consultation, an attorney can review your case and discuss what our firm can do for you. If your case has merit, we will work to build a strong and persuasive case that achieves your goals. Depending on the type of case and your wishes, remedies may include compensation for past wages and benefits, reinstatement in your job and an award of attorney’s fees. In some cases involving egregious violations of employment law, it may be possible to obtain punitive damages.
Experienced Employment Law Advocates
For over 20 years, our Pennsylvania attorneys have represented employees in cases involving employment law violations. We are experienced, knowledgeable and determined to obtain results for our clients.
Our firm will investigate all aspects of your case, and represent you in court or before the appropriate administrative agency that has jurisdiction in your case. From the start of your case to its conclusion, DeAngelis, Dastur & Associates, P.C., will be your strong advocate — standing up for your rights.