Can You Seek More Benefits From Your Employer?

If you have suffered an injury in the workplace and have earned workers’ compensation benefits, it may not be enough compensation to recover from your injury. Unfortunately, when you receive compensation from your employer, you are no longer able to file a claim for any further benefit from them.

Even though you cannot bring a claim against your employer for more money, you might have other options.

Our lawyers at DeAngelis, Dastur & Associates, P.C., are Certified Workers’ Compensation Specialists, which demonstrates our skill in this area. We can help you explore your other options for benefits.

What You Can Do To Seek Other Compensation

Even though you cannot pursue compensation from your employer if you received workers’ compensation, you have several other options:

  • If your injury involved the use of a defective product, you may be able to pursue compensation through the manufacturer of the product.
  • If your injury involved exposure to a toxic substance, you may be able to bring a claim to the manufacturer of the substance.
  • If your employer’s intentional action was responsible for your injury, you may be able to take your employer to civil court.
  • If your employer does not have workers’ compensation insurance, you may be able to sue them in civil court or look toward a state fund for compensation.
  • If a third party was responsible for your injuries, you may be able to seek compensation from them as well.

Let Us Fight For Your Recovery

We can help you explore all your options to make sure you can afford the full costs of your recovery. Our Pennsylvania attorneys have years of experience and are ready to dedicate themselves to you.

Contact our Pittsburgh office online or at 412-567-1162 to set up a free consultation today.